Comox Valley Piano Society Music AwardsThe CVPS will present awards based on the amount of money available in any year. It reserves the right to split the amount available into several awards upon recommendation of the music awards committee. The awards committee, at its discretion, may also choose not to present an award in any given year.
Shirley Fletcher Memorial Book AwardShirley Fletcher, founding member and very active member of the CV Piano Society, bequeathed to the Society funds from which the CV Piano Society will administer annual music book awards (total of $100). We are very pleased that over the years, many students will be able to study from, enjoy and be inspired by a book that they have received in remembrance of a great piano teacher, Shirley Fletcher.
Administration of the Shirley Fletcher Memorial Book Awards:
- Each CVPS music teacher will nominate one student from their studio for the award
- Student must reside in SD #71
- Student may be of any level of ability of study
- Each teacher may set his/her own criteria for nomination
- Teacher is to indicate a book and price (up to value of $50) with the nomination
- Nominations must be received by the Scholarship/Awards Committee by Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- A random draw will determine the winners
- The Book Awards will be purchased by the Society and presented to the recipients at the Year-End Recital on Friday, June 2, 2017 @ 7:00 pm.
If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can download the latest version here.